Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BLAH

I've been sick the past few days and finally I gave in and stayed home from school. It was nice to have a day where I did nothing but play with Andrew and do some laundry.

I've been meaning to take some pictures of me and Andrew but the cord to hook my camera to the computer is packed away (like the rest of my life)... and I don't know what we would take pictures of. We're really not doing much.

I have an 82 year old client named Olida. She is awesome and feisty- we get along great. She is an avid quilter and just recently finished a quilt that I picked out for her to do- not for me, unfortunantly. It only took her two days to do a twin size top! It turned out beautifully, especially since she made it just out of scraps she had in her basement. Usually she makes quilts that people have ordered, so it was nice to do a crazy quilt she said. She's saving me the pattern so I can make one of my own- a nice distraction while Andrew's gone. Anyway- one of her quilts took second place at the county fair and she was very excited! I congratulated her and was surprised when she mentioned how she needed more red ribbons- it turns out she had enough blue and sweepstake ribbons for a project, but not as many reds! She was so tired of taking first and best-in-show that she was elated to take second! What a funny gal.

No comments: