Saturday, May 21, 2011

My 2 cents

I've been reading classic childrens books lately, mostly because I can, but also because so many of them I've never read before. Recently I finished Peter Pan. Maybe it was because the play came before the novel, but it just doesn't feel the same. The book makes Peter cocky, selfish, and annoying, which I guess Barrie thinks portrays innocence and childishness. Not something I'll be sharing with my kids. I think Walt Disney got the right idea with this story. Barrie's Peter Pan feels more like this guy;



Andrew helped me pick out the picture for this post. I especially like his hairy legs.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

The hairy legs were a great addition to my day. Why didn't you read the play format? Is it different from the novel?

Demeron and Jenna Ashton said...

ugh, here's not wishing for a gust of wind to pick up...