Friday, May 27, 2011

Goin' Fishin'

My youngest brother, Taylor, has really gotten interested in fishing since I've been away. Since I've never really been, and certainly never caught a fish, we decided to go to Mantua and fish a little.

We only stayed an hour, but we caught three bass and decided to bring one home to show Camryn (who, by the way, liked to watch the fish but by no uncertain terms wanted to touch it). So of course we carted it home in a bucket and put it in my mothers kitchen sink!


'Course we eventually had to kill the little guy and gut him. Gross. This is all us girls too interested to walk away but too grossed out to help. Camryn wouldn't leave the fish, but she wouldn't eat it either.

My first time ever frying a fish. Everyone had to have a bite because I wasn't going to eat it and Taylor didn't want to eat it but it needed to be eaten.



Wasn't too bad, but I'm not a fish fan and since I didn't know what I was doing, I'm sure it could have been much better.

Thanks Taylor! Loved spending the afternoon with you!

2 comments:

~Mindy~ said...

Ha ha, you guys are so funny! :) We typically just do catch and release - then we don't have to gut them later and the fishy doesn't have to die - but mostly I'm just not a big fish eater either. :)

Veronica said...

If you catch it, you gut it. That's our rule. Jenn and I used to have a deal that she would gut the fish for me if I would put the worm on her hook (go figure why she could gut but not put a worm on a hook). Then she didn't go with us once and Grandpa made me gut my own fish. I was fine with it ever after. Oh, how I miss fishing. Too bad Rich doesn't have the interest.