Now that I think about it, the Judy Garland movie was kinda freaky too....
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Another 2 cents
Just finished Wizard of Oz, and let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised! At the risk of sounding blasphemous, I've never been a huge fan of the movie and was a little apprehensive about the book. But the book wasn't like the movie at all! It felt like a more traditional fairy tale and was very sweet. Highly recommend this for reading to kids.... or to yourself if you're like me and enjoy little kid books. Haven't decided if I'll read the other books in Baum's series but I don't think they'll be like their movie counterparts either. I'm still messed up from watching Return to Oz while I was sick as a kid. Thanks mom, for freaky head-swapping witches and weird clown-looking bicycle-people then giving me night time cough syrup.
Now that I think about it, the Judy Garland movie was kinda freaky too....
Now that I think about it, the Judy Garland movie was kinda freaky too....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I always loved Return to Oz. Maybe that's why your brother loves me.
I actually saw a silent movie of The Wizard of Oz and it was completely different from the Judy Garland version - I wonder if it follows the book more closely...other than that movie being pretty racist (even silent!) it was really funny and had a much better story - I think I'm going to have to check out the book now because I definitely liked that version better...
Post a Comment