The most challenging thing is getting our 940 square foot apartment furnishings to fit into our now 640 square foot apartment. The crash helped some, but we're using a lot of our damaged stuff rather than replacing it in hopes that when we get into a more permanent residence, we'll be able to trash a lot rather than move it. Again. And we had a hard time finding things we could AGREE on....
But here is my new apartment. If it looks crowded and cluttered, it's because it is. :) Cozy is what my mother-in-law generously described it as. I don't mind it too much- mostly because I cant think of anything else to do with it.
That's the bedroom and bathroom through that door- nothing you all need to see.
Ahhh. These book cases are new from Ikea. A big compromise, but I ended up really liking them. I think of them as sort of a "Where's Waldo" game. I have books, games, decorations, cake pedestals, gloves, fabric, and who knows what all else on them. Such a life saver! The computer desk was from before, but I had a mini refurnishing fit and sanded then stained it blue. I've been changing the color scheme slightly by trying to add more blue and getting rid of the yellow.
My tiny kitchen. The window is right by the front door- so anyone who knocks can see that I'm at home, choosing to ignore them. Nice. It doesn't even offer much sunlight, but it helps make it seem a little bit bigger.
And these are my latest creation! Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies. Pretty good, I thought they'd be fun for a Valentine treat, but they aren't as red as I had hoped.
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
blend in:
2 eggs
1 tsp soda
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
add:
2 cups flour
fold in:
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 big handfuls dried cherries (about 1 1/2-2 cups)
bake for 10 min at 350.
4 comments:
Was this post prompted by me telling Nikki that I was surprised you hadn't posted about Oregon yet? lol I think you have every right to not answer your door if you don't want to. Just know that if it is me knocking, I will let myself in if you choose to not answer. ; )
Love the post - especially your model - he does add a little something to the pics...
I hated having to get a new driver's license when we moved - so stressful.
Can't believe you and Andrew are really Oregonians now. Good luck with it all!
PS - I like the idea of dried cherries in choc chip cookies. I'm going to try that (with our dried cherries from Brigham!)
I don't know why I am reading this for a second time, but I am. I just love you, is all. In my blog wanderings, I found an easy, inexpensive way to upgrade bookshelves. If you ever find those IKEA ones just aren't doing it for you, remind me about it and I can hunt it down. I'm pretty sure I'll be trying it out one day, since all we have is Aunt Karla's old book shelf.
I love what you did with the wall collage! I bet andrew is in love with all those stars too! lol Very cute apartment, even if its smaller than what you're used to. :D
Post a Comment