Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh the Possibilities

So Andrew wasn't able to get his last signature this past week, meaning we still have (probably) three weeks before he can come home, at least. Let's hope that he doesn't keep getting put off.

So we've been tossing around ideas but nothing is remotely settled. we still have to research everything and look into prices and openings and etc. Some ideas-
  • Border Patrol- I've vetoed this one and Andrew has learned more about the program and isn't interested.
  • The Reserves- they'd pay for his schooling (flight school) but he'd probably be shipped out.
  • Paying for school ourselves - not likely
  • Getting a job with a place that offers tuition reimbursement (like UPS or Qwest or what not)
  • Moving to Alaska to work for an airline up there- they have a bunch of companies that take tourists to remote areas so they can fish and stuff. We'd probably still have to get him through school, but he could build hours that way.
I think that's everything we've discussed- I think my personal fav is Alaska but it's hard to get anything settled while Andrew's in Rhode Island.

1 comment:

Sharece said...

Wow, Erin! It's tough to have everything so up in the air! I hope everything works out for you. I'm excited I found your blog, I feel like it's been forever since we've talked. You can check out my blog too if you want to. Good luck with everything, I hope he comes home soon... It's no fun living apart!