Monday, December 6, 2010

"Interesting News" among other things

Lets start at the beginning.


Thanksgiving this year was sort of an off year for both sides of our family, so I decided to have my parents and little brother, and in-laws over at my place. It was lots of fun and easier than anticipated- turkeys aren't that hard... just takes a long time.

Sigh- my beautiful china :( We'll discuss later.
Everyone gabbing after the meal.
This is my birthday breakfast Andrew surprised me with. We tried a new recipe that I found and it calls for 7-up, but the only 7-up we had was pomegranate flavor, hence the pink color. I thought it was pretty cool and they tasted great!
Later on my birthday with my niece and nephew.
Zack's birthday is only 3 days before mine so we usually have a combined gift opening at my mom's. He likes to open my gifts too but doesn't seem so excited when they are opened. He graciously told me I could keep the "pirate boots" I got. Sweet kid.
And now to the main event. Andrew's brother-in-law called us shortly before thanksgiving and offered us a job, and like the godfather, we didn't think we could refuse! It's a great opportunity and we'll still have family close by, it just happened really quick. So here we are, the day after my birthday, packing for Portland!
Here's the truck all loaded up. Andrew drove it up to Portland with his Dad and I stayed with my parents to give my two weeks at work and since Callie and Steve were planning to come to Cache Valley for Christmas, Andrew would just ride back with them. Then we'll drive up with our car after Christmas and before New Years.

Before they left Cache Valley. 6 am Dec 4th.
But then just outside Twin Falls...




Lin and Andrew are both fine, though I could tell Andrew was a little shaken up. The accident happened because of bad weather; apparently the cop told Andrew that in the time it had taken him to reach the truck he had already received 9 more reports of weather related accidents. Luckily we were insured because as you can see, we've lost a lot of our belongings. Cest' la vie. So I'm flying to Oregon today to help with documenting everything for the insurance. FUN FUN FUN! If I didn't know better, I'd say my life was some sort of cosmic joke with multiple punch lines. Good thing we have a sense of humor!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Count your blessings that no one was hurt. I love the picture of you with the kids. Cam's face she's pulling cracks me up.

~Mindy~ said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm glad everyone was okay - that's scary! Hopefully you can get everything straightened out and replaced soon. That's crazy you're moving to Oregon so fast though! Good grief I never got to hang out with you when you lived in Logan - now it will be impossible! :(

marla said...

pictures are amazing, so sorry for the things lost, but oh my gosh it could have been such a different story. I think this will be one of your most special ones as you think back on it. You have such a positive outlook on it all. We love you both and are sooooo glad everyone is o.k. Merry Christmas from Auntie Marla and Uncle Gary.