Sunday, June 6, 2010

Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather

I never got that the names of the fairies in Sleeping Beauty were a joke. Hehehe, good one Walt Disney! Any way... I have adopted some house plants and have kept them alive long enough to tell everyone about them. None were grown from seed but the first two are fairly tempermental so it does say a little (a very little) about my skills-of-a-gardener that they're alive.

This first one is called Cyclaman. The flowers are so cool because they turn inside out and upside down.

This is shamrock that my mom gave me and is really pretty I think. Plus, I'm mostly Irish so it would be, like, a sin for me not to have some shamrock hanging around, right?
And this is my tomato plant. I hope it some day will produce a tomato. But if not, I will still love it.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I noticed your thriving plants when we were over there. I love them all! Let me know how the tomato goes-- I tried one in a pot a few years ago and it didn't work out so great, but I know it can be done!

Demeron and Jenna Ashton said...

What got you into this hobby? You never showed interest in it before.