Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Busy Busy Weekend

It is so good to have Andrew back! It feels like I'm finally equally yoked again instead of me trying to pull a load by myself.
We stayed down in SLC when he got back and as soon as we got back in the valley, we started stressing out. I told Andrew we should've just turned around and gone back.

I had an apartment lined up before Andrew got back, it's a government subsidized complex and it's really nice. But when Andrew and I went in to meet with the leasing manager he decided that we wouldn't qualify/ might not be here long enough to need an apartment. So we're stuck in my parents house indefinitely. Which is fine.... I love my parents! (thanks mom and dad!)

Andrew found a flight school in Ceder City (about five hours away from Cache Valley). He was very excited that we'd be able to stay so close to family, but then we found a lot of negative feed back and law suits against them, so we're still looking. There's one in Arizona that would only take 90 days, but it would be eight hours a day seven days a week and I wouldn't be able to go with him. There's one in Florida that Delta Connections heads up, but it would be in Florida and would take almost two years, which isn't appealing to us. And then there's one in Australia (Wagga Wagga to be exact-seriously that's the name of the town) where they would lone us half the money and (possibly) waive the other half, plus we're guaranteed a job- which is AWESOME!- the only catch is that we'd have to work there at least five years- six if they give him the half tuition scholarship. OH- or he could do helo's in the Army (VETOED!!). They all cost about 60k to 80k, and I'm leaning towards the Australia route simply because it could cost half as much plus Australia would be cool for a few years. But what do you think? Vote on which you think is best- it won't actually make a difference but I'm interested to see what you all think!

Oh and here is Grandma Small's ceder chest all finished- I love it!

3 comments:

Callie said...

Seriously impressed with your MAD refinishing skills!

Jed and Kera said...

I voted!

Celia said...

Love Grandma's cedar chest - you are amazing! As for all the possibilities...Australia does sound the funnest and most enticing with school partially paid for and a guanteed job but as the grandmother of your future children and 6 years... hmmmm....you know, I've always wanted to go to Australia!