Monday, November 14, 2011

12 Weeks!

Today I am starting the last week of my first trimester, and I feel so good! And it's not that I feel great or anything abnormal, just that I don't feel sick and food is starting to sound appealing again. What a wonderful thing that is!

This week I go in for another check up, but it should just be a boring, routine measuring. I may be able to hear the heart beat again, but I'm not sure.

I've signed up for a weekly e-mail on what is happening developmentally with the baby, and this weeks update I thought was funny- here's a blurb:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it.

I couldn't help poking my tummy when I read it. Too weird!

Andrew is coping well, mostly because he tries not to think about it. We'll see how long that lasts, but I have high hopes. We have a bet going on the gender of our little peanut. He thinks it will be a boy, and I think it will be a girl. I can't believe I'm only 8 weeks away from knowing whether its a boy or girl!

So at this point, we're trying to prepare by finding a house. I had really wanted to get into something before Christmas, but it's too late for that now, so I'm pushing for something while I'm still in the 2nd tri. That way I can still sort of help and maybe get some painting done. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

Demeron and Jenna Ashton said...

I'm so excited!!! They always check the heartbeat in every appointment from here on out. So that's something to look forward to in the boring appointments. I'm rooting for a boy along with Andrew but you are so stubborn you might just force it to be a girl! lol

Celia said...

My vote is a girl. I've just always pictured you with a precious little girl with lots of dark hair.

But... if this little one is a boy and if he is anything like Andrew was as a baby you'll want a dozen more!

So glad you're feeling better. that first trimester can be pretty rough!

Veronica said...

The reality of the situation probably hasn't hit Andrew yet. It might not until the baby is here. Boy or girl, I'm just happy you're going to be a mom! : )