Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 24


August 24, 79
Mount Vesuvius erupts covering Pompeii and Herculanium in molten lava, killing thousands.


August 24, 1215
Pope Innocent III declares the Magna Carta invalid.


August 24, 1572
70,000 French Huguenots are killed in the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre.


August 24, 1978
The U.S.S.R. performs underground nuclear tests.


August 24, 1992
Hurricane ANDREW hits Florida.


August 24, 2006
Pluto is demoted to a dwarf planet.


August 24, 2011
Andrew Huish turns 30.



I love my wonderful husband! Have a happy birthday darling, doing exactly what you want to do!

And it wasn't all bad- Charlotte Bronte finished Jane Eyre on on this day, Darwin was asked to journey on the HMS Beagle, Thomas Edison patented the motion picture camera and the first potato chips were prepared in Saratoga Springs, New York.

Feel free to leave a comment of what you love best about Andrew!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I LOVE my, "Sonny Boy"! I am so very grateful he is a part of our family! He brings fun & games into our gatherings and humor and insight into our conversations. But most of all, I love how happy he makes Erin! <3
Happy 30th Andrew!
Nikki

Veronica said...

Great post! I love Andrew's sense of humor. I also love his taste in food. I vote we hold his birthday dinner later in the year when you are here. We need more tiny spicy chicken days!

Marie said...

I love that he's my big brother!:)

Dominoe said...

Happy birthday Andrew! I love that he introduced me to the tunes of Erasure! Hahaha! He was always such a good friend - I hope you guys have fun celebrating together!

Celia said...

LOVE this post! (Erin, you are so creative!)...

and I LOVE SO many things about this dear boy of ours - but if I had to narrow it down I would have to say how much I love his sweetness - (I know you've heard it a million times but it's true) I felt it before he was born and countless times since.
I love my memory of all the kisses Greta Holmstrom showered on him in kindergarten - I say 'my memory' because he doesn't remember. How could he not? - it was so SWEET.

I love his loyalty to family - especially the way he loves his nieces and nephews - such a sweet uncle...
And such a good, good man - who has such a very good wife!

Love you, honey boy. (see? sweet)
Happy, happy 30th
Mom