
I've had a "big picture" problem lately. You know, the one where I've been so damn focused on the tree in front of me that I haven't seen the forest? And even if God blasted that one tree to smithereens, I'd still have the whole forest to take it's place, one tree at a time. Now I have a whole forest to work with instead of one tree!! But the difference is important. I can approach this from a new angle that will work, rather than bashing my head against the same old tree. I'm grateful to see the difference- I've been asking for the tree to be taken care of when I should have been asking how I can get rid of the forest.
Life is frustrating only if we let it become so. I've decided that we only frustrate ourselves because we're not making sure that what we want is what the Lord wants for us. If it is, we just need to be patient, if it isn't, we need to draw closer to the Lord and find out what we should want. Wish I had learned this sooner!
3 comments:
Definitely needed and understand this post! Thanks!
I know I hate acne! Jk... sounds like a lesson I've learned a couple of times! When I stubbornly try and pave my own path I can just imagine the Lord saying "you think you know better, eric? Go ahead! Give it a shot" and the scripture Helaman 4:13 slaps me in the face...
Wow Erin, that's deep.... wanna do zumba?
Post a Comment