With Andrew passing his test and deciding to stay in the valley, I thought we'd have a hard time getting everything situated and transitioning smoothly, because we'd been planning on only being here for a short time. I'm VERY grateful that everything has just fallen into place, we get to stay in our apartment, I got a promotion, Leading Edge is needing to hire another instructor, Andrew was able to start class right away (he's actually testing for his single engine commercial as we speak/type), and countless other little things that have worked out better than we dared hope. We feel very blessed and know that this is where we're supposed to be.
And since we are staying in our apartment (it's officially the place we've lived in longest as a married couple now) I decided we should finish moving in! Our second bedroom has just been a catch all so we cleared it out, put a bed in it, and set up my sewing desk! Plus we hung some more pics up else where, put curtains up in the bedrooms, and other little things that I don't remember because we did this about a month ago.
New topic: Our washer hasn't been draining! Awesome right? So instead of calling a guy, I decided to take the back off of the washer and unclog the long hose that sticks out of the back. (Andrew was kind enough to help by taking pictures!) Washer Fun Fact #1: that long hose that stick out the back is actually attached in the front of the washer. So I undid the front of the washer and unhooked the long tube. WFF #2 They make the washers so that the long tube sticking out the back won't clog.... there is actually a white pipe thing that you can screw off one end and it has a tray that catches all the gunk that gets caught. It's surprisingly easy to get to and clean out. Wish I had known that before I tore apart my washer!
Here is me trying to screw the back of my washer on.
New topic: Andrew and I worked Valentines Weekend and then I went to SLC for training the next week. (BTW I stayed with Micheal and Laurie during that week and had a great time winding up my nephews right before bed- thanks guys!) So when I made it home this is what I found waiting for me. Yeah, that's five pounds of Hershey's Kisses all over the front room. What a sweet husband!
Last topic: We bought a set of new chests... like we needed more. This is the biggest and currently we're using it a bench at our table- we didn't have any where else to put it and really needed the extra seating.
1 comment:
Wow, you guys have been busy!! I love, love, love your storage chests! They are gorgeous!
Post a Comment