Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Things you can learn on a walk with a two year old!

The weather here the past few days has been good enough for me and Zack to start taking our walks again. The other day Zack was not happy about something and I asked if he would like to take a walk with me. "Walk!" He instantly was smiling and happy and ran through the house looking for his shoes and coat, and of course his two favorite trains. I decided to take my new camera to try out and we both had a blast.



Zack with his trains- who would want to go on a walk without them?!

I was amazed at how observant he is. He sees so many things that I either don't notice or take for granted. Such as:

Trees! Zack loves to point out trees to me and we can usually find some birds for him to yell at (A BIRD! A BIRD! TWEET TWEET!)




Mail boxes- how random is it that he knows what they are? I'm pretty sure he learned it from a little Einstien show. They have to check different mailboxes to find a butterflies invitation... I guess you'd have to be there...




Zack likes flags too! He likes to tell me that there's red and blue on them-




AIRPLANE!! I can't get over the fact that he hears airplanes the way he does- if there is one out there, he will hear it, and then you have to wait around till he finds it.





BIG rocks- which are different from other rocks, obviously. If we have time, Zack loves to jump off of them- as long as he's holding on to me.



this is just simply known as red- Veronica has been working with him on colors and it really shows- incidentally there are 3 of these on my parents street- Zack would know.



This is a stone lion that Zack likes to pet on our walks (Nice Lion!) He practices being soft with them. Too bad Boo Boo isn't a stone lion...


I'm so grateful for this little monster! He helps me see how wonderful this earth that we live on really is. He's so excited about everything he sees and learns that its hard not to be just as excited.

No comments: