I don't have the Internet at my apartment-
I get the weirdest looks when I tell people this. "How can you not have the Internet?" It's actually nice not having to feel like I'm constantly needing to check or update something, and I definitely don't waste time on things that I don't need to look up or watch or track.
I've been unbelievably busy-
Isn't everyone though? I've been working more hours at my glamorous job, and trying to get my feet under me again after my new church calling. I'm now the Young Women's President in my ward, weird right? I've been tempted to call all of my old YW Presidents and thank/apologize to them. I hope they're all laughing at the irony; I know I am. But with weekly activities, meetings, and upcoming events I feel frazzled. It's been really interesting though, seeing how the wonderful women that are my presidency have been absolutely perfect for the jobs they were assigned and how I'm miraculously able to get everything done every week.
My life isn't that interesting-
Nothing new, nothing old. I do have a meeting with an advisor at USU. I've been meaning to go back and finish up my degree and I figure- now or never, you know? We'll see I guess. But really nothing exciting is going on.
Andrew's wanting to open up his own business. If anyone has any thoughts on that I'd be happy to hear them. I'm stuck between wanting to support him in it and trying to re-direct his focus to flying. I'm really at an impasse.
So yeah. I'm going to try to get with it- we've had some great YW activities I can share and I'm working on Christmas projects now that I'll hopefully have done soon.
Oh yeah- Happy Holloween! (Don't mind my messy counter!)
4 comments:
I like the jack-o-lantern. What type of business is Andrew thinking about?
yay for the post! congrats on the calling....that's a biggie! wow! :O) I bet you are amazing at it! :O)
You know I actually went almost 2 years without internet when we first moved into our house, so I know the feeling. It was nice in a way, but then Jon needed it for school, so we got it. :)
Young Women President though! Wow that's a huge calling! Going to be honest though, you're probably amazing at it! You've always been a great leader and very organized, so I'm sure you're doing a phenomenal job!
As for the starting a business thing - it's a huge risk, but if he has a good product to sell or whatever then it could turn out to be great. I think that's just one of those things that you have to pray about a LOT before jumping in to. Jon's old boss ran his own bodyshop and ended up going bankrupt and not being able to pay Jon for 2 years of work, but then a few years later got into the wood floor business and has only lost money on 2 jobs and is making more than other people who go to school for years for a specific career, so you just never know. Good luck either way though!
And P.S. I think you're life is interesting because I haven't seen you in probably 6 years and I like to know what's going on with you! :)
Post a Comment