So I finally got some thread to use my sewing machine! On sale even, yeah! But then I realized that I didn't have any straight pins and I need them for the shirts Andrew is wanting taken in. One thing after another... I'm sure once I get the straight pins I'll realize I need something else I don't have too.
So being 24 doesn't feel any different. And I know I should have realized that, but somehow I thought being in my mid twenties would mean that I had some new perspective on life. Andrew says to wait till I'm 25, then things REALLY change. What a stinker.
Andrew was planning on taking his multi-engine comercial test this Friday, but it looks like it will be next week or later. And for those of you that don't know, that test is the only thing keeping us here in CV. So I'm a little bummed but I think that it's good for Andrew to wait, he's been so stressed out trying to get in his last few hours and studying all the things he has to know. And I shouldn't be so excited because we still don't know what we're doing after this. We are leaning more towards Gulf Stream, (out in FL) but Andrew isn't 100% sold, so we may end up here while he becomes a CFI (certified flight instructer). I have this theory that involves electro-magnetic energy, a big plastic dome, and us never leaving the valley. Try as we might, we just keep getting sucked back. Not that I'm so gung-ho on leaving, I like the valley and would like to end up here, it's just that none of our plans are working out the way we hoped. At least we don't make enough money to get kicked out of our aptartment (we just found out). Yippy?
But life is good. We just had a long visit with Andrew's bother and sister (and their families) that was lots of fun. We've got all our Christmas shopping done, and I got to put up my TREE!!! The best part of Christmas!!!! I've completely forgotten to take a picture but I will because it is the most beautiful Christmas tree EVER!!!!!
1 comment:
Oh I know how you feel when plans don't work out the way you want! Jon's been in the same boat with Pharmacy school - Ever since I met him it's been "I'm going to Pharmacy school in the next year or 2", and then there's more classes to take, he has to redo the PCAT and get a better score, or whatever that keeps holding us right where we're at. But on a happier note I did want to say Happy Birthday a week late! I hope you had fun! :)
Post a Comment